Saturday, December 31, 2016

Peace Out, 2016

Man, this year.. I remember sitting at the end of 2015 with so much anticipation and hope for the year. I remember kissing my husband and looking forward to all that was to come for us and for my family, church, and friends.

I had no idea that it would be my hardest year yet. It was the hardest year for my spiritually, emotionally, in my career (or lack there of), and financially. We got into a car accident, two cars died, couldn't pay off some debt like we had hoped, got turned down for job after job... My family experienced its hardest year by far. 

I am so ready for 2016 to be over.

But I am determined to look towards 2017 with hope. I am determined to look forward to the future with anticipation and optimism. I am determined to remember the good times I have had this year.

I celebrated 6 years of amazing marriage with my patient, wonderful, hard-working husband.




I celebrated birthdays of loved ones and friends.




I spent time with friends who bless me.







And I have my family, my loving, generous, crazy family.





Most importantly, my God is faithful, my God is steadfast, my God is love, my God provides, my God never changes, my God cares. Good or bad times, He is here. Through all of 2016, He was there. In 2017, He will be there. His plans and His ways are greater than mine. 

"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; His mercies never come to an end;
23 they are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness." -Lamentations 3:22-23


Happy New Year & God Bless. Here's to 2017.





No comments:

Post a Comment